An internship is a great way to gain job exposure and work experience before you actually get a job. Many students in India opt for internships even before they complete their courses. This enables them to understand the application of their curriculum in the real world.
In the face of the pandemic, online internships have been getting increasingly popular. Virtual work-from-home internships make it possible to intern with any company, irrespective of its location.
While the opportunity is huge and has varied benefits, as an intern you must remember some dos and don’ts to make the most of it.
- Understand the work environment in the organization
- Make it a point to interact with colleagues and superiors
- Be polite and accommodating in your interactions
Stay on the top of deadlines
- Maintain prompt communication
- Don’t over-commit yourself. Accept as much work as you can deliver comfortably on time
- Don’t take feedback personally. Work on your shortcomings
- Don’t hesitate to seek help from peers